While this is somewhat offensive to me, I am more embarrassed for my son who has to hear about his ex contacting me in such a vulgar way. What can I do to end this type of harassment and be able to check my emails again without someone trying to shame me or my son. Thank you for your time.

Rita Risser Chai replies:

You may have a legal claim against your son’s ex, but more importantly, you need to immediately put an end to this because it could very well violate your employer’s internet use policy and get YOU into trouble. It should be fairly straight-forward for you to block his email from coming to you. If your system does not allow you to do that, then contact your IT department and ask them to block the sender. If for some reason IT is not responsive, you should go through HR. Good luck.

Posted 12-05-2017

Information here is correct at the time it is posted. Case decisions cited here may be reversed. Please do not rely on this information without consulting an attorney first.